• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Google+ shutting down (1 Viewer)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45792349

That's a shame for me. I spent most of my online Social Media browsing in google+, and found communities covering all subjects in pretty good detail. Plus it was good natured, in fact I don't think I've ever had a spat with anyone on there.

I also have my blogs in there, so not sure what happens to them in the long term. Sadly I think the Google+ community will fragment and be lost into sites too small to survive, unless an obvious choice appears in the next year.

The internet does seem to be getting very standardised, with less choice.

Google + was not really successful the way Google wanted it to be. Didn't gain as much traction as well. Personally, nothing valuable was lost with Google+. It catered very much to niches and professionals but not the general public. They tried to make it the next social media site like Facebook but it failed.

I've moved my blogs and subscriptions to other sites, (MeWe, facebook, Tumblr, Pluspora, Reddit). There is a lot of alternatives, and I'm getting more useful interaction on these sites than I ever got on Google+, so there is life after it closes! And yes, maybe it was a bit crappy after all!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back