• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ38 against Canon S2IS (1 Viewer)

Just taken today - the camera is superb!!!

Repaid outlay already - thanks again to everyone.

3rd Orkney Record

Cheers,

Paul

Attachments

• alpine swift.jpg
    alpine swift.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 100
More help needed!!

Trying to download rest of my pics to computer in exactly the same way I used to with Canon S2IS - only difference I can think of is I am now using a Sandisk SDHC card, and have just installed Microsoft Office 2010.

Pics go to computer, but when I click on them to view full frame a message comes up - Microsoft Photo Editor. Error reading file.

If I take them into MGI photo suite, crop then save, all is Ok.

Hoping there is a simple, quick answer to this...

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited:
congratulation on your bird and a nice shot! If you do not have it on your computer already, try downloading a free viewer such as irfanview, and check your images with that. That will show whether it is the file or the ms program is is faulty.

How do you actually download?

Niels

Niels,

Thanks for your forbearance.

I put the card in the Kingston Card Reader I have.

Click on relevant (H disc) disc, open the pics, pictures appear. I save to computer in a folder. When I go to that folder, pics are present, but when i click on them to bring to full screen, I get the error message.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,

Paul

So a windows copy/paste?

Again, try to use a different program to view the files to see if the file is ok then.

Do you use jpg or raw images?

Niels

I recently upgraded from s2IS to FZ35/38. On average, I notice that Iam able to get a higher percentage of photos that I am satisfied with. The pictures tend to come out a little sharper-although I often use a tripod now where as I didn't use to. On average-the pictures seem a little more colorful and vibrant too.-Sorry I'm not a photographer so I don't use photography terms.-The auto-mode on the fz35 seems to do a better job in reading the scene than on my s2IS too.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back