• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My FZ 35 will not connect to my PC (1 Viewer)

ehrodz

I recently bought a FZ 35, downloaded the software and then tried to download some pictures but when I connected the camera to my PC(windows xp home edition, IE 8) I got the following error message:

There was a problem installing the hardware: DMC FZ 35. An error occured during the installation of the device. The driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitallyally signed or not signed in the appropriate manner.

Anybody know what is going on or how I can get the camera to connect? Thanks.

Why not remove the card from the camera and insert the card into a USB card reader to see if that works. Try re-installing the Panasonic software as well if you have not already done so.

I think this may be as a result of running Windows XP from a non-administrative account?

Whenever I've seen a warning about unsigned drivers in XP, there's always been an option to ignore it and continue (but I always use an administrator account).

When the camera is connected, can you see it as an extra dive in My Computer?

Andy.

Thanks Craig. The information in the link that you sent was spot on. With it I was able to quickly connect my camera and download pictures. I am especially gratefull because Panasonic support people were not very helpful. I talked to two persons on the phone who basically blew me off. And their response to my e-mail request for help was that I should try to connect the camera to a different PC or USB port. Not much help! I was to the point of sending the camera back to Amazon; but you saved the day for me. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back