• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Republic of Panama (1 Viewer)

Wecome Willie. I believe you may be our first member from Panama!

I'm sure our members will take advantage of your knowledge when visiting. As a matter of fact, a member just mentioned a cruise through the canal in the near future.

Glad to have you aboard!
dennis

Willie,

Welcome to Birdforum. We'll be looking forward to hearing about Birding in Panama. I hope to visit there again in a year or so. It's a Birdwatchers paradise!

On behalf of the Bird Forum Moderators and Admin, a very warm welcome to you Willie. ;) I do believe you are our first member from Panama and am looking forward to hearing and maybe seeing what kind of birdlife you are coming across on a daily basis. Enjoy yourself as you browse our many threads.

Last edited:
Hola Dennis

Very kind of you Dennis, thanks.
River of Hawks over Panama city, today and tomorrow and posible during one more week. Three diferent rutes get together and one heavy cloud of raptors and Turky-vultures shows up over the city. This is a diferent experience than the "Hawk Mountain". What about that.

I'll keep in touch.
Sheer Wiliie

dennis said:
Wecome Willie. I believe you may be our first member from Panama!

I'm sure our members will take advantage of your knowledge when visiting. As a matter of fact, a member just mentioned a cruise through the canal in the near future.

Glad to have you aboard!
dennis

Hola Dave: Thanks for your reply.
About birding in Panama, Would You like to send me your shopping list and I let you know the probability of finding good lifers in your visit to Panama?.
I'm tracking Harpy-Eagles the last 10 years. We have three active nest right now, this something that you can't miss.
Looking forward to meet you some day.
Thanks again, Willie

Dave B Smith said:
Willie,

Welcome to Birdforum. We'll be looking forward to hearing about Birding in Panama. I hope to visit there again in a year or so. It's a Birdwatchers paradise!

Dear KC: Thanks for your reply. Very kind of you.
Well, I'm humbly accept the challenge. If my knowleged about nature and Panama birds can be a help for someone, then it is worth to be aboard.

River of Hawks over Panama city today and posible over two more weeks. The Eastern, Central and the Western rutes of North America. Gather together over Panama city and built up a very heavy cloud of raptors and Turky vultures. 150 km. East of the city they will spread out again and develope different rutes to South America.

After 10 years tracking Harpy Eagles, actually we have 5 active nest. To our concern this endangered creature is a conciderable representative in our rain forest.

What can I do to fulfill my commitment?

Hasta pronto Willie.

KCFoggin said:
On behalf of the Bird Forum Moderators and Admin, a very warm welcome to you Willie. ;) I do believe you are our first member from Panama and am looking forward to hearing and maybe seeing what kind of birdlife you are coming across on a daily basis. Enjoy yourself as you browse our many threads.

Hola Willie,

Just to see a Harpy Eagle would make a trip to Panama worthwhile! We have them in Mexico also, but they're rare and endangered and I've never seen one yet.

Nos vemos,

willie said:
Very kind of you Dennis, thanks.
River of Hawks over Panama city, today and tomorrow and posible during one more week. Three diferent rutes get together and one heavy cloud of raptors and Turky-vultures shows up over the city. This is a diferent experience than the "Hawk Mountain". What about that.

I'll keep in touch.
Sheer Wiliie
On a business trip to Panama City a few years ago I stayed in the Intercontinental Hotel. Every evening and morning I watched from my room on the 22nd floor as the raptor "river" made its way from one end of the city to the other. Some of the birds were no more than 10 feet from my window, although I'm ashamed to say, I was unable to identify most of them.

Hi Willie,
Welcome to the Forum from another member from the Southern Hemisphere i.e. Australia. Those raptors sound just fantastic, what a wonderful sight. Hope you get a lot of fun out of the Forum.

"What can I do to fulfill my commitment?"

Just keep doing what you are doing Wilie. :t:

The most raptors I have ever seen together at one time would probably be near a couple of dozen and that was awe inspiring. Someday hopefully, I will be able to see a true migration that darkens the skies. Then I will have thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Willie,

I am visiting Panama in December this year. Can you give me information on birding in El Valle and the San Blas Archipelago?

David

Hola Willie,
I just joined the BirdForum a few days ago. I will be in Panama the whole month of August for my wedding (with a Panameña). I've been to Panama about 8 times over the last 5 years, and have fallen in love with the natural beauty of your country! I was a bit of a birder before discovering Panama, but now I'm really getting into it! In August, I plan to do Pipeline Road for the first time. I will be going to Chiriqui again, and hope to do some serious birding there as well. Last Christmas I walked the sendero Los Quetzales from Cerro Punta to Boquete, and I'm doing it again this August.
It will be a pleasure discussing Panamenian birds with you in the future!
Cedric

Hola Willie:
I'm from Panama, and I'm looking towards people that can help me out starting on birdwatching, I'm already have my Ridgely guide of Birds of Panama, and I'm starting using it at Summit (I haven't had time to go Pipeline or Plantation Road), and I'm pretty happy identifying what I see ;) (must of the time lol). I haven't see a Harpy Eagle on wild, but know a little bit about them, 'cause of my work at Summit Garden.

If anytime you are available to share a conversation with me, I'll be truly happy (and also I have some classmates, that will be happy too).

Nice to hear about someone else from Panama on the Forum.

Best Regards.

Hola Willie and welcome to BF from Argentina. Nice to have more people from Latin America.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back