• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

optolyth tbs 80 (1 Viewer)

hello there all,

quick question regarding the optolyth tbs 80, does anyone happen to know how long ago the design of this scope changed to its current look.
I'm looking to buy one second hand but the seller cant tell me its age so I'm going off its looks.

many thanks

Probably from early/mid nineties. I have the 100 model that was released after and is probably from 96 or 99... You can ask directly to Optolyth [email protected]
I already used some 80 HDF for short periods and these were fine, even some with many ours of field - very robust material

Probably from early/mid nineties. I have the 100 model that was released after and is probably from 96 or 99... You can ask directly to Optolyth [email protected]
I already used some 80 HDF for short periods and these were fine, even some with many ours of field - very robust material

If it is a HD version its one of the old time favorits omoun birders in europe, a real good scope, but the 100 is not good, dark, heavy !!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back