• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM2 / HDF users...can you check your eyepiece fittings please? (1 Viewer)

Last Year's Man

Hi

I've just coughed up £150 for an hdf zoom to go with my MM2 ED. Could anyone else using this zoom and an MM2 please check their kit and let me know whether the threaded connecting ring on the eyepiece screws right down to the scope body or not? On mine there is a 2-3mm gap where the threaded collar of the scope itself shows through...not sure if this is right or not, and if not, whether it will affect permormance?

It doesn't screw down smoothly either, although it doesn't appear to be going on crooked.

Many thanks for taking the time...

Your problem does not seem quite right, I suggest that you contact Opticron direct on 01582 726522 and explain your problem.
Good idea. The Opticron people on that number are very helpful.

I don't know if this is relevant from their website? I think that's the zoom you've got.

USING 40862M HDF EYEPIECE WITH MM2 V2 IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE INFINITY FOCUS - FULLY EXTEND DRAW TUBE AND THEN RETRACT TO CLICK STOP POSITION

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback...will do as you suggest and call Opticron.

In the mean time, any other comments from people who've got this set-up?

Cheers

I have the same scope and hdf zoom. When i read your post I went and checked mine, I also have a gap (never noticed before). Mine dose screw on smoothly but the gap is there. I don't know if this effects it or not, I have been getting great photos with mine

Hi J

Haven't seen your posts for awhile, hope you're well. I have the non ED version of this scope which I use for traveling with the V2 zoom eyepiece. I have never noticed the gap before but it is there, less than the width of a 5p piece. It doesn't seem to be a problem; the scope does all I expect it to do.

Joanne

Edit: I just noticed this thread is a bit old. Wonder if he's resolved the issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back