• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Orange County California! (1 Viewer)

Tuna Bird

I am without doubt the most ignorant about birds in birdforum.net. I have always loved birds and been thrilled when I see something other than a pigeon, duck or a crow as I live in a densely populated area. After almost driving off the road when a roadrunner ran across the street, and deafening the kids when I saw what looked like a blue heron sitting on the street light, and then recently seeing what might possibly have been a young golden eagle or possibly a black kite in my yard, I decide I should take the time to try to read and learn more about them. I cannot be a teacher or a resource. I hope that is ok. I look forward to exploring the site!

Hi Tuna Bird and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Good afternoon from Upstate NY and I sure would like to hear more about the roadrunner because I have not ever heard about them from California before. Please stay in touch because I have never talked to anyone from that far away at all.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Good afternoon from Upstate NY and I sure would like to hear more about the roadrunner because I have not ever heard about them from California before. Please stay in touch because I have never talked to anyone from that far away at all.
Hello Mr. Iron Eagle1! Yes, I didn’t know there were roadrunners here! It was not quite as colorful as the one who teases Wile E. Coyote, but it was just as fast. This guy ran across six lanes of traffic in what seemed like a second! I have identified my friend in the backyard as a light juvenile red tailed hawk. He came back on Sunday and hung out by the pool for a long time. What kind of birds do you see in Homer? Is that in upstate NY?

Hi Tuna Bird and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thanks! What are moderators and super moderators? I am still just exploring the surface of the forum and figuring it out, but enjoying it thus far!

As for posting photos, here are some instructions that have been helpful to others. Let us know if you need more help:
If you are in a new thread press the grey "Manage Attachments" button. If you are replying to a post you need to press "Go Advanced" first rather than use "Quick Reply".

Press "Browse" to find the picture and then press Upload. Now wait until you see that the upload has completed (information about the file will appear). Attach any other pictures in the same way (there is a maximum of 5 pictures per post) and then press "Close this Window".

Your picture(s) should now be attached.

You need to resize your photo so it is less than 200kb. The dimensions of any photos should be no more than 1200 pixels on the longest side. If you need more help let us know

Moderators try and help people navigate the forum.

Hello Mr. Iron Eagle1! Yes, I didn’t know there were roadrunners here! It was not quite as colorful as the one who teases Wile E. Coyote, but it was just as fast. This guy ran across six lanes of traffic in what seemed like a second! I have identified my friend in the backyard as a light juvenile red tailed hawk. He came back on Sunday and hung out by the pool for a long time. What kind of birds do you see in Homer? Is that in upstate NY?

I have seen the Cardinal here in UpState New York and hummingbirds and I have also seen the red wing black bird and I have also heard the bird that sounds like phoebe Bird and I have also seen the blue bird here in Upstate New York. I am on here a lot to see what is new and to see what people are talking about and what kind of birds that they have seen

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back