• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New guy saying hello from South East Kent Uk (1 Viewer)

Cbrdave

Give me just one clear photo.
Hi, thankyou for letting me join,
I'm a 46yr old Carpenter sub contracting to Sharps Bedrooms, to get rid of work stress I bought my 1st DSLR, Nikon d3400 with 18-300MM Sigma and the Sigma 150-600mm sport lens, got a few decent photos and loads of not so good ones but I'm loving being out in nature reserves and just seeing the wildlife.
My wife knows a lot more about birds but I am trying to learn.
Hope to gain knowledge from this fine forum.

Hi Cbrdave and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing your news and will hopefully be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Hi Cbrdave and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing your news and will hopefully be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Thanks Delia, will have a good look round and get used to forum format and hopefully put some photos up soon.

Hi Dave and welcome to Birdforum. Like D, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Rich

Thanks Rich, I've managed to upload a few, Still haven't sorted the good from bad yet, one of my many to do jobs, trouble is when the weather's good I'd rather be out with the camera.

Hola Dave! Welcome to Birdforum :t:
Looking forward to see more of your bird photos on the gallery.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Welcome to the forum. Your in a good area with Pegwell/ Sandwich one side and Minnis Bay/ Reculver the other.

I don’t know if your aware but the Kent Ornithological Society has a website with recent sightings and a Facebook page.

Most of all enjoy

Regards

P
Welcome to the forum. Your in a good area with Pegwell/ Sandwich one side and Minnis Bay/ Reculver the other.

I don’t know if your aware but the Kent Ornithological Society has a website with recent sightings and a Facebook page.

Most of all enjoy

Regards

Thanks Sandy, I am currently back at work but while I was off I tried to visit all if them and got to visit Elmley for the 1st time, Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look, currently trying to find birds of prey to photograph.

Welcome to the forum Dave, Stodmarsh is a good place for Marsh Harriers, also Oare Marshes has regular visits acoming across from Sheppey.

Welcome to the forum Dave, Stodmarsh is a good place for Marsh Harriers, also Oare Marshes has regular visits acoming across from Sheppey.

Thanks Les,
I try and get to Stodmarsh atleast 3 times a week, mostly late afternoon early evening due to work.
Haven't checked out Oare marshes yet, will try and get out there soon. Will have to look it up 1st as I don't know where they are, only heard about them.lol.

Thanks Les,
I try and get to Stodmarsh atleast 3 times a week, mostly late afternoon early evening due to work.
Haven't checked out Oare marshes yet, will try and get out there soon. Will have to look it up 1st as I don't know where they are, only heard about them.lol.

Oare Marshes is a great KWT reserve with good birds, particularly waders, close to the road on the East Flood.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back