• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

where did the pileated woodpecker go? (1 Viewer)

ebtammy

we recently moved to a new area last month, and we kept hearing a very odd tropical bird call, then we saw the giant pileated woodpecker picking bugs out of a stump at the woods edge, we had it around for about a week or so, then it dissapeared, we hear it no more. was it looking for a good nesting site and moved on? I dint have my camera, I would have loved to have taken a photo, I NEVER saw such a big woodpecker in my life!
Im sorry to have seen it go.
ebtammy

The Pileateds have a large territory that they cover.

I have them almost on a daily basis during the months of Nov. through February and where I hear them around me occasionally, I don't see them during the Spring and Summer months.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back