• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mobile Phone (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I've just received a text on my mobile:

"I've changed my number"

but it isn't signed so I've no idea who it is from.

I'm reluctant to reply in case.... Are there scams like this?

D

Pity it wasn't an invite to a party as my most recent mystery text was - shame they didn't give a venue, I'd have been tempted ...

Could well be some sales pitch, Delia - I'd ignore it.

Cheers,

Andy.

delia todd said:
I've just received a text on my mobile:

"I've changed my number"

but it isn't signed so I've no idea who it is from.

I'm reluctant to reply in case.... Are there scams like this?

D

I'm sure there are - if genuine, you'll find out soon enough when you try to ring them on the old number, so keep the "new number" to hand - if you never work out who it was, it's either a scam or someone you no longer speak to!

When "1471" first came in I used to call back if the number wasn't one I knew, but now I never bother unless it's a number I do know, as most were sales calls/wrong numbers etc.

If you get a message like that but you think it could just be a long lost friend (probable isn't) phone it from a call box then any scams can't effect you accounts.

Mick

Hello Delia , if you can extract the number from the text you can try googling it , if it's a scam it's unlikely you're the first so there would almost certainly be something on the web about it , or send a text back . if it starts with 07 it'll be a Uk number , and ask who they are .....

Ashley

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back