• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new to digiscoping and need help...please... (1 Viewer)

russgust

I have a televid 77 leica scope with a 20-60 lens. I wolud like to use a sony dcr-pc110 digital video camera to capture both still shots and video. I have no idea how to adapt the two together. Any help or info an what I need to buy to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

russgust said:
I have a televid 77 leica scope with a 20-60 lens. I wolud like to use a sony dcr-pc110 digital video camera to capture both still shots and video. I have no idea how to adapt the two together. Any help or info an what I need to buy to make this work would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Russgust,
I'm not so sure on the filter thread size on that videocam, what you will need to do is convert this thread size to either 28mm or 37mm via a thread step-up ring so that a digiscoping adapter can be attached. Digiscoping adapters are usually made for the specific eyepiece and there's a few to choose from. www.eagleeyeuk.com is a good port of call for adapter but also check out my page HERE to see what is available.
I hope that helps a bit... hopefully someone else will contribute and tell us what filter thread size your camera is.
We do have a videoscoping forum HERE that may provide you with additional info.
regards,
Andy

Andy Bright said:
Hi Russgust,
Digiscoping adapters are usually made for the specific eyepiece and there's a few to choose from. www.eagleeyeuk.com is a good port of call for adapter but also check out my page HERE to see what is available.

Andy
That is a great link. I've been looking for a source and pricing for an adapter etc for my Leica Televid 77 before I buy a camera. The Eagleeye site seems to have everything that I need. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back