• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

Yellow-green tyrannulet, a Panamanian endemic, in Metropolitan Park in Panama City last Friday (Feb 5) was the last of 84 lifers on a two week trip to Panama.

Today granted me with 4 lifers :D I was so excited!

1. 30-ish (they were hard to count, moving around too much) pink-eared ducks
2. 4 yellow thornbills
3. 30+ zebra finches
4. 2 Australian pipits which I only saw for the briefest of brief moments but it was enough, as soon as I saw them, I just knew.

There were also other ducks and waterbirds that I didn't know but couldn't identify due to distance, and lighting. The pink-ears were easy because of the beak shape and their call. So yes, it's been a good day :)

Catching up on several recent sightings:

On New Year's Eve I bought some new binoculars and wanted to go try them out, so I went to the beach. I saw three lifers: Sanderling, Black Skimmer, and Royal Tern. I have probably seen the Sanderlings a number of times before, and may have seen the tern once, but didn't identify them. Later it occured to me that this was my last birding of the year, so it was a good way to finish.

I didn't see any lifers after that until January 24, when I saw a Northern Pintail. On February 6 I got three more: the Great Horned Owl (the first owl on my list), Ruddy Duck, and Northern Shoveler. Finally, I spotted Herring Gulls on February 13.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back