• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LBJ from Saskatoon, Canada (1 Viewer)

BuzT

Saw this bird today in trees near the river. Not the best picture but maybe someone can help me.

Attachments

• IMG_9813.JPG
    IMG_9813.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 85
Thanks folks. I think it is an empid but being lousy at identifying bird songs I hoped there was something distinctive to identify this bird.

The upper wingbar on pewees are usually much less distinctive than the lower one, especially in Westerns. This looks like a Willow/Alder Flycatcher.

Andy

The upper wingbar on pewees are usually much less distinctive than the lower one, especially in Westerns. This looks like a Willow/Alder Flycatcher.

Andy

it also has a contrasting whiter throat, not a pewee, probably Willow/Alder, but empidonax sp. seems more reasonable given the photo in my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back