Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Just made a new bird feeder!

Old Saturday 12th January 2013, 17:30   #1
pineappledood

Just made a new bird feeder!

I just made a new bird feeder and put it up in the backyard! its red and has a red bowl over it to help keep the squirrels off. although i dont think it will so i put some Fire Mix squirrel away stuff in the food. mixed it up as it said so i hope that it will work! *crosses fingers* :P I might put a pic up if someone requests one. i have to go to sleep now though so if someone does request one i will put it up tomorrow. i got it hanging up on a shepherds hook right outside my back kitchen window so i can see it from the table. Its made from a juice bottle and red duct tape hanging from a hemp cord. I doubt the duct tape will hold up in the weather but thats just one more reason to keep the red bowl that hangs above it i guess.

we still have the other ones we bought out front and no birds are still coming to them anymore. i dont know what happened. im hoping that this new one i made will change that. if it doesnt i might just move those ones in back too.

Hoping to get a nice camera soon and then i will take pictures of the different birds that come to the feeder. cant wait! if i said that around my friends they would think im weird. lol

I would love to see some of your bird feeders made from recycled stuff! Post pics!
Old Sunday 20th January 2013, 18:29   #2
mary99

Good luck with the project, its alway good to find new ways to attract the birds
Mary
Old Tuesday 22nd January 2013, 11:51   #3
XoioX2000

Hi there!

I found a kit in a shop which enables you to turn any plastic bottle in a bird feeder: there is a video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc7KCSBqDaY

It is quite clever but I have noticed birds seem to pick a lot of the seeds out and throw them, which is good for other birds to feed on the ground I suppose but I was suprised by how quickly they seem to go through a 1 ltr bottle full of seeds!!!

David
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: