• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds Nest Orchids at Holt (1 Viewer)

Paul33

Can anybody tell me where to look for Birds Nest Orchids at Holt where I've seen them photographed ?

Appreciate any help on offer.

Where I've seen them is approximately TG08153772 I think (looking at google maps with full tree cover is tricky)

Walk from car park through the kids area to the ride that runs along the edge of the park, and then turn into the second (or third - memories hazy) ride to the right. They are under the trees right at that corner - but they're a bugger to spot - I ended up lying down and looking at ground level to spot em.

Where I've seen them is approximately TG08153772 I think (looking at google maps with full tree cover is tricky)

Walk from car park through the kids area to the ride that runs along the edge of the park, and then turn into the second (or third - memories hazy) ride to the right. They are under the trees right at that corner - but they're a bugger to spot - I ended up lying down and looking at ground level to spot em.

Is it a good idea to give information about Orchid sites which may be sensitive?

There is a dedicated thread for Orchids on this forum and I know, that the real enthusiasts, are very choosey about what they reveal and to whom.

Last edited:

Thank you sir !

Is it a good idea to give information about Orchid sites which may be sensitive?

There is a dedicated thread for Orchids on this forum and I know, that the real enthusiasts, are very choosey about what they reveal and to whom.

The answer to your question, in my humble opinion, is yes it is a good idea.

Hiding away locations achieves nothing positive. We need more orchid enthusiasts, not less and that won't happen if we don't share our enjoyment of orchids. To protect these plants going forward needs exposure and appreciation ..... nobody is going to fight to protect something they don't even know exists !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back