Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

New Zealand. South Island Advice

Old Monday 18th November 2019, 21:53   #1
Ian Cockburn

New Zealand. South Island Advice

I will be touring in South Island for a few days in early March 2020. I need advice about pelagic day trips and about any key areas that others have visited.
Many thanks for any help.

Ian Cockburn
Old Saturday 23rd November 2019, 05:54   #2
mjh73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Cockburn View Post
I will be touring in South Island for a few days in early March 2020. I need advice about pelagic day trips and about any key areas that others have visited.
Many thanks for any help.

Ian Cockburn
Hi Ian

Any particular areas of South Island you are expecting to be in? I'm away this weekend so don't have my own notes handy, this site might help in the meantime: https://www.nzbirds.com/birding/birdwatching.html

Kaikoura Albatross Encounter is a must do if you are able - not really a pelagic per se, as the shelf is so close to the shore! https://albatrossencounter.co.nz

BF Supporter 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: