• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for a nice birding lodge in the rockies (1 Viewer)

loranfrfr

Hi All. I am a birder and very recent dad, living in Michigan. I am still hoping to do a little bit of birding sometimes in september in the rockies, although I will probably looking after my baby most of the time. Looking though the internet, I thought that going to ester park might be a good option for quick, out of the door, birding walks.

Is there any particular place you would recommend? I am looking for a relaxing, birding friendly kind of lodge.

Laurent

Hi All. I am a birder and very recent dad, living in Michigan. I am still hoping to do a little bit of birding sometimes in september in the rockies, although I will probably looking after my baby most of the time. Looking though the internet, I thought that going to ester park might be a good option for quick, out of the door, birding walks.

Is there any particular place you would recommend? I am looking for a relaxing, birding friendly kind of lodge.

Laurent

Hi Laurent, I'm in a similar situation, did you ever find anywhere? Ideally I'd like to find somewhere not too far from Colorado Springs and/or Boulder with a pool/play area for toddler/wife with out of the door trails to do some birding for me. June time.

Chris

Hi Chris

I ended up switching to California, in a beautifull lodge in Sequoia National Park. The lodge was perfect, located in the middle of the park. The name of the place was Wuksachi Lodge. There was some mountain quails and olive sided flycatchers singing in the morning, it was really perfect. Other birds of interest were hermit warblers, white headed woodpeckers, which were my target species for that trip. My lists are in Ebird, if you want to check them out. Only slight downside in going to that place in June, is that it is a tiny bit early to go at very high elevation, so I got skunked on the Calliope Hummingbird. But all the other birds were wonderfull. It was really relaxing for the whole family, and the lodge was really clean and confortable

You might want to contact the American Birding Association, located in Colorado Springs. I would be surprised if they couldn't help you out. You can reach them at 800) 850-2473.

Veagle

Birders Guide to Colorado

I am visiting Colorado this summer and I am trying to acquire a copy of Holts Birders guide to Colorado. If anyone has a copy I'd love to know about it.

Regards

Hi Laurent, My wife and I have a house we call the Rosie Finch House located in Crested Butte CO. Our house is a VRBO house and is rented most of the time but we do bird walks for the Crested Butte Flower Festival and have enjoyed many birds. Crested Butte is Located about 250 miles from Denver and is only 18 miles over the mountain from Aspen as the crow flies. This year during our bird walks we saw the Williamson''s Sapsucker, Western Tannenger, Green-tailed Towhee, Chipping Sparrow and many more. I am telling you their is no other place as beautiful as Crested Butte in the summer. Thanks Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back