• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Disconnect Hardware (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
When I want to disconnect something and click on the green arrow icon in the Task Tray, it immediately disconnects my Speed Touch.

This happens before the list comes up showing the hardware that I want to disconnect.

Is there something wrong with the settings somewhere? If so where do I go to check this?

D

Hello Delia.

I have never seen the Unplug Eject hardware icon behave in this way. Neither am I aware of a setting that would make it to operate in this way. That is not to say that there isn't one though. :)

Long shots but...

Do you by any chance have your mouse of folder settings to "single click to open"?
or
Could you possibly be double clicking on the icon and inadvertantly having the second click detected by the item in the list that would have poped up at the first click? (hope that makes sense, sorry.)

Could it relate to the Speed Touch software itself?

I don't remember any relevant configuration settings for the "Unplug Eject hardware icon". I am still in the dark ages with win 2000. Could be an XP or Vista thing.

Hi Rozinante

Thanks for that. I don't think it's anything to do with the Mouse clicks, nor the Speedtouch hardware - everything was working fine on my old laptop - it's only started on this new one.

Still on XP haven't had the courage to go up to Vista yet (I can get a free upgrade).

D

delia todd said:
When I want to disconnect something and click on the green arrow icon in the Task Tray, it immediately disconnects my Speed Touch.

This happens before the list comes up showing the hardware that I want to disconnect.

Is there something wrong with the settings somewhere? If so where do I go to check this?

D
If you right click the icon you will see a box pop up saying 'Safely Remove Hardware', if you right click on this box you should have a window pop up listing the hardware you have running on USB, select the item you want to uninstall and then press the stop button, you should now be able to safely remove the USB hardware you chose.

Hope this helps.

nirofo.

Last edited:
Sorry Delia. I though that clicking on the icon immidiatly disconected the Speed Touch "before" the list came up.

All's well etc...

:)

rozinante said:
Sorry Delia. I though that clicking on the icon immidiatly disconected the Speed Touch "before" the list came up.

All's well etc...

:)

But it did! :C Rozinante - you're quite right. With the 'normal' L click that is, which is the way I've always done it.

However, R click works fine (at the moment anyway)

Hate 'puters

D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back