• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Eyepiece (1 Viewer)

MarkHows

Mostly Mammals
My leica zoom 20-60 eyepiece got broken - ok fell from 8 feet onto rocks(insurance have given me the money to replace) but I am finding it difficult to get a replacement.

So a few questions

Where can I get one?

Is there just one 20-60 or have there been evolutions I need to be wary of.

Thanks

Mark

As far as I know there was only one version of this eyepeice, though the older ones will lack the scale for the 62mm scope. You may well have problems finding one as they have been unavailable from Leica for quite a while now. I'd guess that the best bet would be to leave your details with a number of retailers and ask them to look out for a secondhand one for you.

I seem to recall that there are two versions of this eyepiece--I think the newer version has better eye-relief. The 20-60x is still fairly widely available, new, in the USA (e.g. B&H Photo).

--AP

Yes, there were (are) two versions, and the newer version is a little better both for eye-relief and edge sharpness. The change took place quite a few years back, so the likelihood of finding a new one of the older version is not high. As I don't own Leica, I don't remember what the distinguishing external differences between the versions were.

Kimmo

The early version had a pull out eyecup. The improved later one has a twist out eyecup.

Part numbers are;

41001 First version. Pull out eyecup.
41005 Improved second version. Twist up eyecup.
41012 Improved second version with lock. Twist up eyecup.

Gary.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back