• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sea Turtles, Northern Florida? (1 Viewer)

ulfg

Hello!

I'm visiting Gainesville (Florida) around 7-12 July. I will use most of my outdoor time to watch birds (I hope), but I would also like to have the opportunity to see egg-laying sea turtles somewhere at the coast, not too far from Gainesville.

I believe Daytona Beach would be a good place, but what strategy should I use to find them? Are there better or not-so-good spots? Perhaps there are better places to go?

And - while I'm on the Forum: what are my chances of seeing Horseshoe Crabs?

Both these animals are impossible to see in Sweden, my home country. Any help is appreciated!

/ulf

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back