• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dusk (1 Viewer)

halftwo

Wird Batcher
Ashy dusk descending and the Kestrel crucifies itself against the sky. Head down. Preying.
Evening breezes bend the leaf-stripped birches as a Roe Deer's rear, lamp-bright in the undergrowth, blinks out.
Redwings dive to thorny roosts, thin needle notes pricking the wool of the darkening day.
Night begins to dull the burnished oaks and the last unseen Song Thrush's single "tick" stops the day's run-down clock.
From the night dark a Little Owl yelps just once.

Love the 'preying'. I don't know how you are able to continue to come up with such beautiful descriptions of what you see and hear and feel while birding, H.

LOL H2, I love that description of the Roe Deer's rump.

I'm with Sue... I just don't know how you manage to come up with such wonderful descriptions lad. Many thanks.

I hope you and your family have a very happy New Year.

Oh how did I not see this! I have missed your beautiful posts, H. Wonderfully written.

Have I missed the progress on your book?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back