• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron Regal + Baader zoom Mark IV (1 Viewer)

Hi, maybe a late answer but yes it is. I just got one for my Regal M2 80 and it works just fine and it's sharp all the way to 60x as opposed to Celestrons own zoom eyepiece which I find quite soft over about 45x.

the Baader Hyperion zoom starts at 48 degrees only at 24mm..jumps to 53,58,63 and 68 degrees in the respective 20,16,12 and 8 mm ..48mm is not great at 24mm but it is only there,in the low end on the magnification ,where the eyepiece shows a slight disagvantage both in FOV and image quality..past the 20mm mark the eyepiece starts to really get wide and image quality excellent,and bear in mind that is a 3x zoom selling for 250 dollars ..compared with 25-50x or 25-60x high end Alpha zooms at twice the Price i dont think is out of class AT ALL

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back