• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nervous birder (1 Viewer)

Sarah

Well it all seems rather complicated on here. i am nervously attempting this post and hoping that i have got it right? Almost as nervwraknig as trying to ID waders. So anyway Hi! i am a fairly new birder along with my husband and son we have been birding for a little over three years. ps how do I spell check this.

hello & welcome from the moderators & admin of birdforum. We hope you enjoy the site. We are all a friendly bunch here.

Colin J.

Sarah

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a spellchecker on this site.
I tend to post, see my mistakes and then immediately re-edit it.

Of couse, you could type it in Word or some other WP package, spill chuck it and then cut and paste into here. There are freeware packages around that check your spelling as you are typing ( they run in the background ).
Else ignore the spelling mistakes, some always creep through, then some people on here take the micky in a nice gentle kind of way!.

Welcome to the forum by the way!.

Hello Sarah from Gloucestershire - I'm Steve from Leicestershire and fairly new here, too.

Hope you find the place useful and friendly!

Steve

Hi,Sarah,welcome to BF.please do not worry re your spelling mistakes.It seems to be an occupational hazard mis spelling words when one is typing.Everyone is really friendly on this site.There are few" Smart Alecs",who give out "wind ups"in the nicest possible way,but is is all good fun.Do not be nervous about asking what may seem silly questions,everyone will help and you will learn a great deal.I must warn you though,this site is very addictive.
Cheers Christine.

Hi Sarah. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about spelling mistakes, spellcheckers or anything else for that matter. We are all a very friendly bunch of people. Just enjoy yourself. All the best John.

Welcome Sarah from all the Moderators and Admin here at Bird Forum. It does seem a bit daunting in the beginning but you will be flying around here in no time. Honest :)

I love the waders myself and spent a lot of my free time at the Swashes around here. There are plenty of members here at your beck and call for any I.D. help you might need.
Sorry, no spell check and I wish we did have it. :)

Welcome to BF Sarah. It took me a while to get used to it and i'm still learning. Great site and great people.

Billy Boy

Welcome Sarah and family, this forum has a great membership from all parts of the world.

Pull up a chair sit back and enjoy the experience.

then some people on here take the micky in a nice gentle kind of way!

There are few" Smart Alecs",who give out "wind ups"in the nicest possible way,but is is all good fun

I can't imagine to whom you are referring! ;)

Anyway, Sarah, welcome to Bird Forum and please don't worry about your spelling. Just enjoy taking part in the discussions and ask lots of questions.

Dear Sarah,

Welcome,
Don’t worry about the windup bird watchers one can usually hear them approaching TIC tick TIC tick.

Regards.
Gordon Boreham-Styffe.

Sarah,
Welcome to Birdforum. Glad to see another resident of Gloucestershire has joined. You will find lots and lots of expertise on all things birding and it associated links such as photography. Don't worry about making errors while posting, we all do it and no one will mind. You will get answers to all your bird and other natural history related questions here and you will have a good laugh as many members have a great sense of humour.

I am just down the road near Gloucester.

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the house of fun, if you know what i mean, we are a jolly bunch of birders on here, and we are also here to help if need it, pleased another South Westerner has joined us, we need all the help we can get !!!!!

Enjoy the forums and when you feel at ease with the site, have a go at posting a trip report.

Thanks 4 all the encouraging messages. I had thought this would be addictive, but luckily for my pc time it is taking a while to get into. Your support is appreciated all. We are not down the road though from Gloucester as this is a huge county! Rather disapoineed that all the sightimgs on Birdguides seems to be from down Gloucester way and miles from us. Went to Kent two week ends ago, had a first visit to Oare Marshes.

Hi Sarah, well better late than never! A very warm welcome to bird forum and as has already been mentioned above, you will soon get the hang of it:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back