• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Osprey 2018 (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
The female (LF15) returned to the nest this morning.

The SWT Blog is available here and a link to the web cam is available on there.

My laptop settings make it a struggle for me to view the web cam, but I'll keep trying.

Now.... will he make it back?

Think someone is looking at the wrong calendar though!!!;)

The male LM12 has returned at last.

We may get some action now LOL

Dropped in Friday afternoon and a couple of times Saturday. Female was calling constantly wanting fish, male fairly unimpressed (perhaps because he only got back Thursday....) On one occasion as we watched he brought in a stick for the nest instead of a fish - then she was unimpressed!

Beavers showing far side below the Osprey nest Saturday evening - excellent.

John

For the first time I see the female is actually lying down in the middle of the nest!

I wonder.....?

She's definitely on an egg, she stood up just now and you could see it underneath her!!

Eggcellent! :t:

LOL Paul.... but even better news today, there's a third egg now.

I do struggle understanding how they do the blogs at LoL. Rather frustrating trying to get the latest news.

LOL Paul.... but even better news today, there's a third egg now.

I do struggle understanding how they do the blogs at LoL. Rather frustrating trying to get the latest news.

Delia, you should be thankful its not an RSPB reserve. Since the latest look and feel changes to RSPB reserve websites, the service regarding latest news has become pants even where it used to be reasonable. Only Lakenheath still makes some attempt to let potential visitors know what's going on. (Don't tell IJT!)

John

Chick No 2 now.

Not sure what time it hatched, no blog post yet from the rangers.

Missed it!!! One of the youngsters has fledged!! Both were on the nest last night.

OMG!!! The other one is out now.... just mum on the nest.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back