• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BX-2 Tioga HD Binocular Line (1 Viewer)

BruceH

Leupold has a new line of binoculars called the BX-2 Tioga HD.

Doug from Cameraland said this in his day 1 Shot Show report (on another site).

"Available in all sizes from 8x32-12x50 and in both black and camo I think this will become their main line staple binocular. Priced from $249.99 - $399.99 they'll be taking a bite out of the binocular business in 2017, IMO. It's the same type of addition that last years VX-3i riflescopes were in that price point. OH great news, Leupold listened to the consumers and finally are including a great binocular case and nice strap with all their binoculars. A great improvement over what they were including, you'll be very happy."

My first thought on seeing the artist rendering on the Leupold web site was new redesigned Terra.

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/binoculars/bx-2-tioga-hd/

"Available in all sizes from 8x32-12x50 and in both black and camo I think this will become their main line staple binocular. Priced from $249.99 - $399.99 they'll be taking a bite out of the binocular business in 2017, IMO. It's the same type of addition that last years VX-3i riflescopes were in that price point. OH great news, Leupold listened to the consumers and finally are including a great binocular case and nice strap with all their binoculars. A great improvement over what they were including, you'll be very happy."

My first thought on seeing the artist rendering on the Leupold web site was new redesigned Terra.

The new web site is not user friendly. After much searching I finally was able to find the specs that showed Eye Relief for the above 8x32 only to find out that it is NA.:C :h?:

That new web site is not user friendly. After much searching I finally was able to find the specs that showed Eye Relief for the above 8x32 only to find out that it is N/A.:C :h?:

And for the life of me I can't find it again!

OK! Finally! Here it is: Scroll down to "specs." They are hidden under the "Leupold Fan Photos!"

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/binoculars/bx-2-tioga-hd/bx-2-tioga-hd-8x32mm/

Bob

Last edited:
Specs look okay... Although I have a pile of Leopold riflescopes, I've never purchased a Leopold binocular. Something else always seems to offer better spec/better value? I've come close to trying the BX-3 Mojave a few times...just never pulled the trigger..

Can you imagine coming out with a new 8X42 binocular in the $300-$400 price range? The amount of competition?

Specs look okay... Although I have a pile of Leopold riflescopes, I've never purchased a Leopold binocular. Something else always seems to offer better spec/better value? I've come close to trying the BX-3 Mojave a few times...just never pulled the trigger..

Can you imagine coming out with a new 8X42 binocular in the $300-$400 price range? The amount of competition?

Chuck,

The "specs" don't look OK to me and I don't wear "specs.";)

For the eye relief on the 8x32 they give "N/A."

BTW: Leupold did have good 42mm binoculars in that $300-$400 price range a few years back. I have an old, now discontinued, Leupold 7x42 BX-2 Cascade which I purchased in 2011 for $229.99. It says right on it that it is made in Japan and frankly it is pretty good even though it is only MC and has a 389'FOV@1000yds. But it has 18mm ER too! They upgraded it to FMC when the Hawthorne came out and raised the price to about $350.00 but that is now gone too.

Bob

Last edited:
Chuck,

The "specs" don't look OK to me and I don't wear "specs.";)

For the eye relief on the 8x32 they give "N/A."

BTW: Leupold did have good 42mm binoculars in that $300-$400 price range a few years back. I have an old, now discontinued, Leupold 7x42 BX-2 Cascade which I purchased in 2011 for $229.99. It says right on it that it is made in Japan and frankly it is pretty good even though it is only MC and has a 389'FOV@1000yds. But it has 18mm ER too! They upgraded it to FMC when the Hawthorne came out and raised the price to about $350.00 but that is now gone too.

Bob

Yeah you are right... I was really talking about every spec but the EYE RELIEF spec! :t:

I've look on Leupolds site from time to time... The ER spec was missing back when I was looking at the Mojave.. But it's there now.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back