• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The worlds best binocular ??? (1 Viewer)

I'd say so although the pictures are too bad to see the JB/JE numbers...

Thanks, but no thanks...

Joachim

I'd say Japanese as well. The screw placements on the objective end of the end plate does not look like a Zeiss (but I only have a Jenoptem to check that against, Zeiss I have seen do not have silver plated screws). Further the Triple Tested is likely a giveaway for Japanese production. David Bushnell originally thought that one up, tested at the factory, tested by Bushnell, and tested by the customer. He must not have trademarked that because you see that moniker on all manner of Japanese binoculars.

I'd say so although the pictures are too bad to see the JB/JE numbers...

Thanks, but no thanks...

Joachim

Whadaya mean JB numbers? Can't you read? It is a "Zeiss Modern 7x50."

This is the point at which I would normally squawk about fraud or massive stupidity. But being arrogant, and self-serving, not to mention one who talks down to his neighbor, I won't. Still, nothing keeps me from THINKING it.

I certainly see the wisdom in being positive and looking on the bright side. But I do recognize it when someone is peeing down my back while telling me it's raining.

Some poor, inexperienced sucker will buy it on the strength of seeing the Zeiss name, alone. :cat:

Bill

Not even the World's best fraud.

£10 max. including postage.

Tend to agree, I am wondering if the seller actually believes it to be Zeiss, however just advertising it as " the worlds best binocular" indicates a degree of intended duplicty.

Someone must have had a word, it has been amended to say " not sure, possibly may be Japanese." Still miles too high at £50 though.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back