• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss after sales service (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

I've recently had reason to send a scope back to Zeiss. If the service had been bad I'd be on here pretty quickly complaining. So it seems only fair to report that I was pretty pleased. My scope was away for just over three weeks; it had to be sent to Germany. After about a week and a half I was sent a loan scope to use, so I was actually without a scope for a pretty short time.

As it was my scope could not be repaired and I was sent a refurbished one. Which was reasonable as mine was over 5 years old and had been well used.

So generally I'd say :t: to Zeiss.

Hi Steve

The only problem with that is that I sent in a mint (apart from a hair or similar) zoom eyepiece only and it was returned 5 weeks later....I got your well used item as it is very very substandard condition. This too was a refurb and I have swapped an insect looking leg inside my eyepiece for a clothing fibre hair instead!! They have damaged the outer black ring on the face where the two holes are and used a felt tip to hide the scratches and gouges.

On closer inspection the connection on the backside suggests a very well used item as the edges are all silver and rounded off. I looked at the glas through a magnifier and it is saddening to find scratches, human looking hair, material fibres and what look like bits of paint particles on the glass! Please can I have my zoom back now......?

scope evaluation

I also have sent in a Zeiss FL 65mm with a 23X ocular for evaluation/repair recently. I had to buy the scope body separate from the ocular and from a different vendor. I got the body (green and straight) from Gander Mt and the ocular from SWFA many months apart, and was never impressed with the view. Sent to Zeiss after looking through a very old B&L Spacemaster that was actually clearer. Zeiss returned the body (in original box inside another box w/o bubble wrap - not too cool) and said the issue was the ocular that is on its way to Germany. So far I am pleased that they seriously checked it out and will fix it. Zeiss has always done a good job for me, ya they do not communicate, or keep you in the loop, they just fix it.

I called and my 23x ocular is in Germany, might take a while to repair. I mentioned that I had foot surgery kast week and confined to home for four weeks and Karen Bookout kindly sent a loaner eye-piece. Enjoying watching the bird feeder rather than daytime TV. Good customer service. Got the 15-45x zoom very nice I could get used to it.

A couple of years ago I had a self-inflicted problem with my 15-45x zoom and sent it to Zeiss in the UK for repair. It had to go to Germany who sent me a replacement with no questions asked. Up here on the fells the landscape can be miles of heather or miles of bracken with no particular reference point so the 15x is perfect for locating a bird then zoom in for the detail. Brilliant kit, brilliant service.

Eye peice returned +++

Got the 23x eye piece back two weeks ago from Germany, the view is great no color fringing, wide FOV, and crisp resolution. Trouble is had it for three days and then my tripod broke. My luck has to change. Need new tripod now, guess I'll take the time to save up for carbon fiber so it will be a blessing in disguise.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back