• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacement feeder base (1 Viewer)

EastWing

I have a favorite (somewhat egg-shaped) glass feeder for which I'd like to find a replacement base. The original threaded base was a plastic 4-port. No perches, and not very wide like some bases. This base had 4 upward slanted stems for the ports, where the petals/guards snapped into. I can't find any brand info. I think I may have purchased it at Lowe's a number of years ago. The outside diameter of the threaded glass is 1.3125" (1 and 5/16 inches). I thought of using a single-port stopper, but I prefer a multi-port base. The base doesn't need to be original, so long as it works. I'd prefer a metal base if available and it lasts longer. I'd appreciate any help/advice you can offer.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_001856701-02.jpg
    IMG_20200509_001856701-02.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 17
I have a favorite (somewhat egg-shaped) glass feeder for which I'd like to find a replacement base. The original threaded base was a plastic 4-port. No perches, and not very wide like some bases. This base had 4 upward slanted stems for the ports, where the petals/guards snapped into. I can't find any brand info. I think I may have purchased it at Lowe's a number of years ago. The outside diameter of the threaded glass is 1.3125" (1 and 5/16 inches). I thought of using a single-port stopper, but I prefer a multi-port base. The base doesn't need to be original, so long as it works. I'd prefer a metal base if available and it lasts longer. I'd appreciate any help/advice you can offer.
I would take the feeder to a store that sells a variety of feeders, such as Wild Birds Unlimited , Lowes, Home Depot or WalMart and see if any of the bases are similar. Buy the one that fits.

Saw my first hummer of the season this morning. I was surprised! We had a freeze warning last night. We don't have a nectar feeder out yet. Planning to have one out tomorrow. The hummer was checking out a red plastic feeder I use to serve mealworm.

Last edited:
I would take the feeder to a store that sells a variety of feeders, such as Wild Birds Unlimited , Lowes, Home Depot or WalMart and see if any of the bases are similar. Buy the one that fits.

I agree. That would be your best alternative.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back