• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (1 Viewer)

dnspoole

New to this forum. I live in south western Pennsylvania. I've had many hummingbirds at my feeder until ants infested it a few days ago. I have a moat but think the ants were able to get in to the feeder by way of some branches of a nearby tree. I've trimmed the branches away and the feeder is ant free. I cleaned it and replaced the nectar. Will the hummingbirds come back? And if so, how long will it take typically?

Hi dnspoole and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

It sounds to me that you've done the best you can for the moment. However, I've moved your post to the dedicated Hummingbird forum where you're more likely to get the help and advice you need for this issue. Also I subscribed you to the thread so that you can find it easily. You will receive an email after any replies with a link to click on which will bring you straight here.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi and welcome to the forum. It might take the hummers a few days to come back. Also at this time of year there are probably quite a few flowering plants they can use so I would give it a while. They will find you again.

Hi dnspoole and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach ;)

If I'm not mistaken, Hummers eat ants as well. Actually any small insects.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back