• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plans to speed up planing applications in the UK (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I’ve just been reading on the Sky News website that the UK Government plans to speed up planing application in the UK that will be announced by Boris Johnson. I wonder how that would any applications for development on land which is sensitively important for wildlife, plants etc. No details have been mentioned about this as of yet.
Ian.

Don't know, but as always with this govt., fear the worst. They'll tear up any and every rule in the book for a bribe or two, or to suit their croneys' wishes.

PS I suspect this thread will need to be moved to ruffled feathers!

Exact same situation in Oz .....
(Our Parliament is shut down and taking 'advice' from the privately appointed NCCC - riddled with conflicts of interest)

Chosun :gh:

I suspect that the destruction of plenty of sensitive wildlife sites will be considered acceptable collateral damage in the rush to get us out of the economic hole left by Covid 19 and play catch up with whoever is leading the race.

Riding roughshod over environmental legislation will be sold to the public as a necessity to get the economy going again and not get left behind, and most people are unlikely to argue with that. After all the biosphere isn't actually anything important is it? Admittedly it makes a pretty backdrop but we can't really afford it at a time like this. And it's not like it's a critical part of our life support system or anything like that.

In any case it'll be just this once of course as the current situation is a special case.....

These people have learned from their highly successful wrecking of the RAF in 2010 and will above all work quickly to smash anything they can't see a value for, or which they see obstructing rampant capitalism. Even where construction can't start for a long period they will ensure the ground is bulldozed.

Prepare for environmental Armageddon.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back