• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rose Coloured Starling Rhos on Sea (1 Viewer)

Jeanie

Jeanie with one n.
Great views of the above bird. The owner of the house came to speak to us and said that when they drew their curtains on Saturday morning they were faced with banks of cameras and scopes. The neighbours thought it was a police case!!
Have seen many of these birds in India but never such a large or pink one, well worth a look.

We live in Abergele a few miles from Rhos and this bird - I assume the same one - visited our table right in front of our window several times last weekend. We have a large family of young (UK) starlings there eating all day, so maybe that was what attracted it. We had no idea what this exotic visitor was, but knew it was strange. I managed a few rushed shots of it interacting with its Welsh cousins over a scrap for some madeira cake.

We live in Abergele a few miles from Rhos and this bird - I assume the same one - visited our table right in front of our window several times last weekend. We have a large family of young (UK) starlings there eating all day, so maybe that was what attracted it. We had no idea what this exotic visitor was, but knew it was strange. I managed a few rushed shots of it interacting with its Welsh cousins over a scrap for some madeira cake.

Great stuff! A fantastic garden bird. Could you post a pic on here?

Also, welcome to Birdforum.

Cheers, Andy.

is it still about?

i was going to call in tomorrow on way up anglesea but i presume it as departed as nothing has been reported would this be the case, cheers.

Great stuff! A fantastic garden bird. Could you post a pic on here?

Also, welcome to Birdforum.

Cheers, Andy.

Pictures are on Facebook (Jenny Randles) - publicly accessible. Happy for anyone to repost them on here, or elsewhere, if you wish.

Have been told that the Abergele one might not be the same bird as was in Rhos as there seem to be small number that arrived in North Wales last week. Another was seen in Anglesey two days ago apparently.

Pictures are on Facebook (Jenny Randles) - publicly accessible. Happy for anyone to repost them on here, or elsewhere, if you wish.

Have been told that the Abergele one might not be the same bird as was in Rhos as there seem to be small number that arrived in North Wales last week. Another was seen in Anglesey two days ago apparently.

Nice one Jenny, seen the pics - lucky you!

Stephen

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back