• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Noise from tree identification (1 Viewer)

wonderd

Hello everyone. Been racking my brains out trying to figure out what is making this noise in the tree. Cant see it with binoculars. I thought about coming online to try to describe it but that would not work...so I said I know, ill record it on my phone! Sure enough it worked.

I have attached a mp3 sound of the noise. The sound I am talking about appears at 2:10-2:16 on the sound file.

I am in fishkill New York, this was heard during the day and evening.

Attachments

• Bird.mp3
    144.3 KB · Views: 22
Welcome to BirdForum. That is the song of a Red-bellied Woodpecker. Tree frogs make similar sounds, but the cadence of that song marks it clearly as a Red-bellied.

Wow he make two different noises. He comes to my suet brick every day and right before he lands he makes a completely different noise, but yea I googled him with sound and thats spot on.

Yeah - the other sound is the call. They will do that all year. The ones that come to my feeder do that as well. The song they sing only around breeding season.

Last edited:
Okay great. Now this is off topic but I have yet to see an owl in the wild...I need to make that happen...! I only mention it because I see it as your avatar.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back