• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Es100 Ga (1 Viewer)

Geoff Brown said:
I have two Opticron scopes, the ES80 GA ED the smaller brother of the ES100, and the almost pocketable MM2. Both are excellent scopes and I consider them very good value for the money.
Ditto!

raymondjohn said:
Alan

Where are the opticron scopes made? Unfortunately I can't EM myself as the computer is playing up.

bestwishes

raymondjohn
raymondjohn

No idea where they are made, but, I guess like most of the rest, the Far East!.

raymondjohn said:
Alan

Where are the opticron scopes made? Unfortunately I can't EM myself as the computer is playing up.

bestwishes

raymondjohn

Their expensive and mid-prize products are made in Japan, while the cheaper ones (250 euros and below) are generally made in China.

raymondjohn said:
Thanks TTT and Alan

bestwishes

raymondjohn

Wherever they're made they are excellent!

I've been using an ES100 for about 2 years now. It looks big, bulky and heavy,well actually it is, but I have found it easy to carry and use in the field.

It is optically top notch, well made, and certainly not a run-of-the-mill scope.

I tend to use it with the 33x and when required the SDL zoom, both giving great images.

Allan Burrows

they are made in japan, there are selled with the name of kamakura and in italy reselled with the name of astrotech birdstar. Astrotech is a well known astronomical seller and they say that it is a very good quality one. another renamed brand is kite.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back