• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advanced new camouflage clothing. (1 Viewer)

paul goode

Do you struggle to get close to waders, can't afford the long lenses that everyone else carries around.

The good news is your problems are over. Purchase this revolutionary new camouflage outfit from the Notverywild Birdwatching Supplies, including violet ski jacket and white fluffy hat, and birds will flock to you.

Scientific testing shown below has proved beyond doubt that Avocet, Ruff and Black Winged Stilt find this combination irresistible!

Just think what you can do with the money saved from using a £10 18-55 instead of a 500mm f4. How you laugh at the poor s*d carrying that 300-800.

Stocks are limited, so send your cheque off immediately!!!

Attachments

• Pensthorpe.jpg
    Pensthorpe.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 511
;) ;) ;)

Love this (and yes, I'm aware of today's date)!

Assuming this isn't a demonstration of your Photoshop skills, where was this taken, Paul?

Nice one oh and to add to the camo the fence is included fixed and carried by strap's -it give's the bird more confedence to aproch lollol
Rob.

Keith Reeder said:
;) ;) ;)

Love this (and yes, I'm aware of today's date)!

Assuming this isn't a demonstration of your Photoshop skills, where was this taken, Paul?

The rigorous scientific testing was carried out at Pensthorpe in Norfolk, which just happens to be where you are heading soon. So if you come back with any stunning wader shots questions may be asked ;) ;)

I can see the birds but where's the photographer??..............|:D|

No wonder Jbee's into macro pics of butterflies and ladybirds with the 300-800|;|

Denis.

Pensthorpe is on my radar funnily enough, Paul.

Ironic then that I've just been out today testing my new Kenko 1.4x on my 100-400mm - I only bought it to be sure that I've got plenty reach for far-away waders!

I could've saved myself £130 and just got a taxi from Sheringham to Pensthorpe evey day!

;)

In fact, come to think of it, I could've saved myself the £1K + my 100-400mm cost, and just used my 50mm jobbie!!

two years ago i used to sell material off the roll [fact] , we stocked camouflage [ d. p. m. material ] but it never sold well because we could never find it . invisiable thread never sold well either.

Nice one Paul - made me smile...

You've just got to hope that no BF'ers read this thread and start using this technique!

postcardcv said:
Nice one Paul - made me smile...

You've just got to hope that no BF'ers read this thread and start using this technique!

That aviary could certainly tempt you to the dark side! I'd got a very nice Bearded Tit about 10 feet away from me when I took this.

Paul

Not only do I intend to try it, but I'm suing Paul if it doesn't work!

Assuing he's not been beaten to a bloody pulp by Mrs Paul first..!

;)

paul goode said:
The rigorous scientific testing was carried out at Pensthorpe in Norfolk, which just happens to be where you are heading soon. So if you come back with any stunning wader shots questions may be asked ;) ;)

And questions WILL be asked!

paul goode said:
Oh gawd, I'm dead!

'er indoors has just discovered that I've put this image on the web.

Its been nice knowing you.

Paul

Sorry Paul!
PS perhaps you may use the same camo stuff to get you concealed in your dining room for a couple of weeks ;)

paul goode said:
That aviary could certainly tempt you to the dark side! I'd got a very nice Bearded Tit about 10 feet away from me when I took this.

I know this thread was posted as a joke, but it has got me wondering...

I wonder if anyone has gone over to the dark side and taken photos of birds in aviaries and then passed them off as wild? I wonder if any such photos are in the gallery here?

Which could lead to a real dilemma... what would you do if you knew someone was doing this?

postcardcv said:
I know this thread was posted as a joke, but it has got me wondering...

I wonder if anyone has gone over to the dark side and taken photos of birds in aviaries and then passed them off as wild? I wonder if any such photos are in the gallery here?

Which could lead to a real dilemma... what would you do if you knew someone was doing this?

Plenty of dodgy ducks have turned up in the gallery Peter. I once did what I thought was right and pulled someone up for this. I was soundly criticised in the gallery but got a 'thankyou' pm from one of the mods, so make what you wish of that.

Nowadays, I reckon lifes too short so if someone can't be bothered to read the gallery rules or wants to cheat to get a few 'nice shot' comments so what.

A totally different issue though is people who are looking to gain a commercial advantage. I've read the views of Andy Rouse and Steve Young among many others and they are most unhappy at what they say is a growing trend to pass off captive images as wild. From a book review I read they are not afraid to name and shame.

Paul

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back