• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Equipment Insurance for travel abroad (1 Viewer)

soupdragon10

I know there's several posts on this subject but they all seem kind of dated.

I was just wondering if anyone has any good tips for equipment (scope, bins, camera, etc...) travel insurance to Spain?

Travelling from Ireland so if anyone knows an Irish company that does it?

cheers.

soupdragon10,

I can't say which companies operate in Eire but would advocate looking at household policies that cover personal valuables away from the home.

I have a policy with Hiscox and my scope, tripod, bins, camera etc are all covered abroad (as long as they were in my possession when damaged ) and I don't have to provide an itemised list of items of value.

I looked at specific policies for optics and they were not in my opinion cost effective for my purposes.

Robin

I'm sure the situation is the same in Ireland as here in the UK, these things must be covered by your household contents insurance as travel insurance will not be adequate (usually only up to £300 per item), so make sure you have an "all risks" section in your home insurance to cover valuables away from home.

Nick

Get yourself a top end creditcard such as a Mastercard gold: there will be built in travel insurance for you and your possessions on travel you have paid using that card. We have found that the extra benefits outweigh extra costs for annual fee.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back