• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iMac (1 Viewer)

RE Birder

Birding not twitching
Simple question - which one is the best value for money.... Probably looking at the smaller screen one

Cheers

Can't really comment on which is best value for money. I've got the 21.5 inch screen version and it's a fantastic (and stunning) bit of kit, very happy! :)

Last edited:
I have the bigger screen model but both are excellent. Only drawback is you need to remember that there is no DVD / CD Rom port on the new ones so if you want to upload any existing software you either have to buy a USB DVD ROM Drive or copy the software disk to a USB Drive on your existing PC or Mac.

As I have quite a bit of PC software my iMAc also runs Windows using 'Parallels'.

Great machines though. Chris

I have the bigger screen model but both are excellent. Only drawback is you need to remember that there is no DVD / CD Rom port on the new ones so if you want to upload any existing software you either have to buy a USB DVD ROM Drive or copy the software disk to a USB Drive on your existing PC or Mac.

As I have quite a bit of PC software my iMAc also runs Windows using 'Parallels'.

Great machines though. Chris

Hello Epsomsalt,

If you have a Mac with a DVD drive, you can use it and your wireless or ethernet network to load programs on the newer iMacs or Airbooks, with the Mountain Lion OS, on both devices. The facility is called "DVD or CD Sharing," in the sharing section of system preferences. However, you cannot do the same with music or videos.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

I'm a wee bit different as I use a beefed-up 11 inch MacBook Air hooked up to a 24 inch Mac monitor. Best of all worlds - ultra light and portable for travel and cracking large screen when working as a desktop.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back