• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Adapter for Sony RX100 and Vortex Razor HD (1 Viewer)

dsmith2188

Any recommendation for the subject adapter? Would prefer not using a universal type adapter. I'm wanting to get the RX100 but am concerned about adapter for the Vortex Razor HD scope. May opt for the Nikon 1 V1 as a result. Any input would be appreciated.

I've used 2 methods. Two 1 1/2" to 2" plumbing fittings with the threaded side cut off then epoxied together, or use one of the fitttings and epoxy the 58mm adapter ring from the Vortex digiscoping kit to it. To cut the threads off I used a 2" hole saw just barely bigger than the threads. Then use the soft side of velcro to support the lens ring. Pic below.

Last edited:
Thank you for your unique adapter. I can see how this would work but was hoping not to have to modify the camera. I presume there are no third party adapters available that can be used with this camera.

There is no modification to the camera needed, If you click on the link above then scroll thru the album there are more pics and a short video that shows how the camera attaches to the adapter.

Last edited:
There is no modification to the camera needed, If you click on the link above then scroll thru the album there are more pics and a short video that shows how the camera attaches to the adapter.

Sorry, I had missed that you attached a slideshow. I will give it a try once I get the RX100.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back