• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron ES 80 ED | Kodak Easyshare Z1275 (1 Viewer)

bob the birder

Hi. I have just bought an Opticron ES 80 ED I also own a Kodak Easyshare Z1275. http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Easyshare-Digital-Camera-5xOptical/dp/B000NOSUAU

Would these be compatible and what would be the best adaptor to join them. If the camera is not suitable what compact camera would you recommend. I see Opticron do a digiscoping kit with a Panasonic Lumix FS40, plus adaptor for £199. I think these seem quite expensive.

I have thought about digiscoping in the past but now I have the new scope I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Thanks

Bob

That camera is probably going to be tricky to good results with - the lens is going to give a lot of vignetting and you'll need to use a universal adaptor to mount it to the camera.

The latest kit uses the FS45 camera as the FS40 is now discontinued.

I can't comment on the price but what you get with the kit is something that we and our dealers know will deliver results relatively easily and that will enable you to decide whether to move up to DSLR digiscoping once you've mastered the techniques required.

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete.

If I bought the latest digi kit from opticron; would I need to do anything else than connect it and shoot? (ES 80 ED v3). Is it as simple as that? No removing rubber eye caps and so forth?

Yes, the kit includes all you need.

If your eyepiece has a fold down eyecup, it will need to be removed and often people remove the rubber part from twist type eyecups too but it is not an absolute requirement in that case.

Cheers, Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back