• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brambling migration (1 Viewer)

dragnil

The glass is half full, but the bottle is empty.
United Kingdom
Each day, recently, I've been surprised to see a pair of Bramblings around the feeders in our Lincolnshire garden. This seems to me to be leaving things a bit late - I can't belive they are going to stay and breed. Any thoughts?

I'm much further south than you Dragnil and my last Brambling left last week, however I often have had one or two (never big numbers) hang on till almost the end of April, even 1st May one year. It certainly is a treat seeing the males in their breeding finery though, so enjoy!

Thanks, NC, I think I lost a month in my thoughts. The last time I was in Finnmark it was clear of snow but that was the end of June. It'll be interesting to see how much longer they enjoy our food before getting on with breeding.

Not been seen for a couple of days now, so that's pretty much in line with the BTO's average date.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back