• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old Zeiss 10x25 Binoculars With Strange Focus Wheel.. (1 Viewer)

binomaniac

Romania
HI, I found an 10X25 old zeiss for sale at a great price, the model with a strange focus wheel attached to the binoculars like and old phone dial wheel. I don t see any diopter wheel and i wonder how the dioptric correction can be made at this binoculars.

I don't think so, i don't have the bino in my hand ,i only saw him on photo and seems to have only one big central focus wheel and nothing else for diopter correction. A totally mister for me.

Teledial Zeisses

The centre wheel certainly appears to be the focus wheel as in different pics it can be seen if different rotated positions.

I suspect the dioptre adjustment is around the back, behind the focus wheel.

Lee

Attachments

• Teledial.jpg
    Teledial.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 10x25 TeleDial.JPG
    10x25 TeleDial.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 157
I've never seen the model in person but I recall someone saying it lacks a diopter adjustment.

This 10x25 model, and its 8x20 companion, weren't around for a long time probably due to the lack of diopter adjustment.

I saw pictures with the back of bino but there is nothing. In any case I hope it will arrive on Monday and i managed to figure up how supposed to fix the diopter

(This 10x25 model, and its 8x20 companion, weren't around for a long time probably due to the lack of diopter adjustment.) Thank you very much , in this case i already regret the purchasing

Hi,

indeed there's these old Zeiss West 8x20B and 10x25B models with the flat focus wheel (B for Brille or spectacles) which don't have a diopter due to the rationale that with spectacles both eyes should be corrected to 100% (or at least equally).

The later version (also labelled B) which looks roughly like the current Conquest Compact has a diopter again. And the earliest versions of 8x20 (w/o B) had individual focus but hard eyecups so were not really useful with spectacles.

Joachim

Thanks , jring , so that's the explanation for absence of the diopter . I received today the bino and to my surprise fit perfectly for my both eyes no need diopter even i not use glasses. But contrast is poor and central wheel is very hard to adjust with one fingers. Also light transmision is very low

Well, then your eyes are maybe not perfect but at least equal. As for the light transmission and contrast - these are certainly not phase coated and have no dielectric mirror due to their age so contrast will be lower than current models. Regarding transmission you can look for the T or T* logo. T = Single coated, T* = Multi coated.

Joachim

I had an zeiss 8x20 B T definitely better light transmission and contrast. Thank you for clarification regarding T and T* . so the Dialyt 7x42 bgaT*P* is better den bga T*P. Good to know because i want to buy one someday and i want to be one of the best made if it is possible.

And to further add to the confusion Zeiss chose to leave out P/P* out completely on their latest models since they aren't producing anything without phase coating any more...

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back