• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (1 Viewer)

Uttings discounts

Easter discounts - £20 off purchases over £150 then 10% off at price points £500, £1000 and £1500 eg £50 off over £500, £100 over £1000 etc

Cley Spy are having a sale on used kit, some astonishing bargains on there (Kowa TSN-3 for under £60 anybody!?) for anybody in the market for new (to them) kit...

Anyone keeping an eye on this thread? Brand new Zeiss Victory 10x32 FL, new old stock, at Focus Optics (Corley?). Seems good at £1100. Lot of binocular for that money compared to the other alphas. You’ll benefit from a full warranty by getting it new as well. Let me know if anyone buys it.
Look under “clearance“ in the menu. It’s in this section.
Needless to say, I don’t have any connection to the optics retailer in question, only that they’re well respected in the U.K.
Take care all,
John.

Attachments

• C640ABFA-14CB-4394-9E65-E4363F3A776C.png
    C640ABFA-14CB-4394-9E65-E4363F3A776C.png
    322.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 4FB5CF27-A296-4E27-ABA3-B77D8462BF38.png
    4FB5CF27-A296-4E27-ABA3-B77D8462BF38.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Cheapest current Canon IS binocular now just under £400. The 8x20 IS at Wilkinson Cameras.

Anybody in the market for a Kowa scope?
A great deal!

See in the other binocular bargains thread that links to retailers who sell hunting goods is allowed. Sooo, maybe OK to mention about Optics Warehouse selling GECO binoculars which look remarkably like GPO models discussed on that subforum here :
The retail prices are crazy inflated.

Sooo, maybe OK to mention about Optics Warehouse selling GECO binoculars which look remarkably like GPO models discussed on that subforum here :
The retail prices are crazy inflated.
Thanks very much for this link. I just snapped up the last pair of 10x32 for £130. They are to replace a pair of 8x32 Leupold BX3 Mojave that find themselves in dire need of repair/service.

I did a bit of looking around and everywhere else that sells them has them at around £350.

It seems that they are indeed the same as GPO but under the GECO brand are aimed at the hunting market.

They still have a few 8x42 and 10x42 left at the same big clearance discount.

Bargain basement.
Ffordes have used Avian F? 8x42 (listed on site as Aculon) possible scratch at edge of one objective hence only £39.
"A" condition used Viking ED Pro 10x42 under a ton at Cash Generator.

Edit : the Viking ED Pro disappeared at about 3.45pm so was only available for three and a half hours. Apologies to anyone who checked before my first edit (after half and hour) who might have been interested as I erroneously stated it being available at Cash Converters.

Last edited:
There's a used Swarovski SLC 8x30 WB on sale at Harrisons. Guess it's important to know which version (I noticed one at In Focus was on sale for a while but disappeared sharpish when they uploaded the photo showing it was a Neu :) ). John's posts here might help :

And here's a must have for Christmas; an Abbe-Koenig USB flash drive :

You're right, of course, fazalmajid (y)

And speaking of must haves, Cambrian Photo have a Novosibirsk PNB 1 15X110 for £2k (maybe not a bargain but, hey, it does get rather quiet in here). Apparent field of view 90° :oops: :

infocusoptics have a boxed mint 10x56 SLC, the price would save someone maybe £400 compared to new.

Edit...Scrub that, seems they are gone since I looked a few hours ago!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back