• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what fuji under £200 ?not for digiscoping (1 Viewer)

malgringo

after a new camera as i have the old 2800 6 zoom but looking for one can try to take some half decent long range shots but as say wont be for digiscoping. would like one that i can get other lenses for so hopefully get even better shots?please advice,looked at so many and still havent a clue

malgringo said:
after a new camera as i have the old 2800 6 zoom but looking for one can try to take some half decent long range shots but as say wont be for digiscoping. would like one that i can get other lenses for so hopefully get even better shots?please advice,looked at so many and still havent a clue

Not sure if you'd get one with interchangable lens for under £200 unless you found something on ebay maybe?

The Fuji S5600 has a x10 lens (eq. close to 400mm) and 5.1m pixels, you'd prob. be able to get a 1.5 or 2x converter to add onto the lens.

Fuji S5600 doesn't have a teleconvertor available - at least I couldn't find one on the Fuji website.

cheers
Gordon

hi,

the fuji e550 is a great camera and has extra lens options too i think.

My main camera is the fuji f810 which is basically exactly the same camera but in a sleaker metal body.

I only ever take pics using the high quality 12 mp setting,so get whopping poster sized pics if i need to.

the e550 got called 'highly recommended' on the review at dpreview.

they should be quite cheap by now..£100 ish on ebay maybe

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back