• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (3 Viewers)

Hooded Crow In The Front Garden

Thanks guys - always a great help and inspiration to know you're all there!!!!!
Finished painting, acrylic on mdf - 24"x14"

Attachments

• CrowLast8.jpg
    CrowLast8.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 136
Wow, Wow and Wow again. What an image this is Tim, colour is fantastic and I love the muted background, just enough not to take from a tremendous image that could easily stand on it's own graphically. The Hoodie is just so well observed and not one feather overpainted.
You may top this in 2008 Tim, but this will remain a favourite of mine, what a way to kick off the year....

Stunningly good! The textures are superbly rendered, particularly the dead grasses (I want your secret!) and the bird is just perfect.

Mike

What can I say, this is absolutely wonderful, I actually felt my heart leap when I opened up the picture. Compositionally masterful with the subtle creek linking the bird to its post. Very inspiring stuff, though I can't do another all nighter tonight.

Summer Breeze - makes me feel fine . . . .

Looking through old sketchbooks I started to re-draw some of the diver drawings. I now think I've got the next painting 'designed' (well, as far as anything I ever do is designed!) and it will be a welcome break from this miserable northern winter - I'm heading back into summertime!

Attachments

• redthroat8.jpg
    redthroat8.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 100
Great image of the crow- I only saw one for the first time last year when we want up to Mull- although one was spotted on our local river a couple of months ago!
Yes- roll on summer- we seem to have had dark days forever down here aswell.

Now when you see paintings like that Hoodie, you just want to pick up the brushs and attempt your own! Thanks for sharing, and a HUGE well done!

Tim-
I am awestruck by this one. It was a joy to see develop and the finished product is as everyone says. I had the same reaction Nick did when I opened it. My heart skipped a beat!!! Beautiful work!

Absolutely LOVE the Hoodie Tim :t: One of my favourite birds too o:)

I really MUST crack on with my own sketching.....it's 6th January already and I haven't had time to so much as sharpen my pencil! :smoke:

divers

Hi Gill don't forget to post the drawings when you make a start. looking forward to them!

Here's the first bit of colour sketching for the rt diver piece - drawings above. It's quite a large canvas (30"x24") so should keep me quiet for a few days . . .

Attachments

• divers18.jpg
    divers18.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 112
. . .

Just slapping a bit more tonal and colour values on in between a bath and MasterChef! may get a bit more done later . . .

Attachments

• divers28.jpg
    divers28.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 98
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back