• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Starter (1 Viewer)

Marshall-78

I am looking at starting digiscoping I currently have a Opticron ES80 ED scope. I want to be able to take pictures 'fuss free' by holding a camera up to the scope and taking pictures. Is this possible? If so what camera do you recommend(not mega expensive!). Thanks.

If it's of interest I am selling my Opticron digiscope kit. I have genuinely used "the kit" just a few times from the conservatory-then I went into DSLR. I have used the camera separately but not much.
Cost me over £250.00-will sell for £125.00

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 83
The Canon A590IS, or the older A570 are reasonably priced and will work with most eyepieces. For a bit more the Nikon P5100 is a very good digiscoping camera. Neil.

Too bad the A590IS does not have any capability for attachment of a cable release. Would have been nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back