• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

*Mental note* (1 Viewer)

Gashead

After 2 hours in the local nick I now realise 1200mm of high quality glass isn't always appreciated on the mud flats around the back of the rulers palace. |:mad:|

76 Crab plovers though.

All's well that end's well I hope...

Yeah, hope it was worth it.

Maybe next time you can play on your notoriety and obtain Royal Licence to Observe!!!

Now you have the qualifications to be a hardcore birder, it got you in the clink!

Boast for all eternity, I would!

Gashead said:
After 2 hours in the local nick I now realise 1200mm of high quality glass isn't always appreciated on the mud flats around the back of the rulers palace. |:mad:|

76 Crab plovers though.

Threatened lot's of times around Suez...always made sure I carried a decent worn out field guide, along with a notebook of previous visits..if you haven't got a previous notebook..invent one! And always find a good hiding place.

Lots of raptors, waders, marsh terns, skuas, passerines, passing thru Suez in the spring.

Sometimes you do think though "is it worth it".

JB.

I had a similar experience in Morocco a couple of years ago, this was after dark at Oued Sousse near the royal palace, a good site for Red-necked Nightjars. Luckily I had been shooting digitally and was able to show the images on the camera, I am sure that saved me from having a night in the nick.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back