Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Great start-Great ending.

Old Wednesday 24th March 2004, 18:55   #1
pauco
Старлинг фан

Wink Great start-Great ending.

what a good start to the day,out feeding the tribe, robin first on scene, then 1 Blue tit-2 Great tits, these were the first for a good few weeks!! just put down sunflower seed and wow their back!!!! male- female Bullfinch yesssss,
went in to get some sultanas for blackbirds looked in hedge mmmm could it be then it came to the edge by window and yes it was 2 longtailed tits well it was a great way to head of to work. got home from work nice and bright just a bit cool, made a brew and went and sat outside to listen to the dusk chorus, robin,
blackbird, dunnocks, chaffinches, it sounded like the whole bird world was in song, sheer blisssssss.
bert.

Paul.

BF Supporter 2004 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 24th March 2004, 19:32   #2
digi-birder

Lovely account of your day, Bert. Sometimes it is the simple things that make your day.

I stand looking out of the kitchen window as I'm having my breakfast before going to work and watch the Goldfinches arguing over who's having the best perch on the niger feeder, Blackbirds pecking over the fallout from the feeders, Sparrows waiting for their turn at the sunflower seeds. Aaahhhh!

Then, as we walk through the park to the station, there's the Nuthatch and Treecreeper to be seen occasionally and the other day, on the way home through the park, a lovely flock of Long-tailed Tits.

Bullfinch in the garden? Now that would be nice!!

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. Erma Bombeck
Old Wednesday 24th March 2004, 19:45   #3
scampo
Steve Campsall

All I seem to be feeding these days, Bert is two grey squirrels! That was a lovely report.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: