Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Video making gear suggestions for Kruger

Old Saturday 20th April 2019, 22:12   #1
Sbiriguda

Video making gear suggestions for Kruger

Hello,
in a trip to Kruger my main interest would be photography also because I don’t have specific equipment for videomaking and I have a limited budget due to previous expenses for the trip. My gear right now is:

1) Nikon D3100 that anyway mostly will have a 150-600 mm lens I will remove very seldom to avoid problems with dust and similar
2) Canon Powershot 60 SH
3) Iphone 6s
4) Iphone Xr
5) Go Pro Hero 6 black (the only device with 4k video)
6) Boya BY-MM1 external mic with “deadcat” for wind noise canceling

I could consider borrowing from friends or renting video equipment if it’s not very expensive… perhaps a bridge camera like Panasonic FZ1000 or others

I also have a question on to shoot videos in Kruger. For the camera mostly I will use a bean bag mounted on a car window. For videos I guess I would something very stable
What do you use? A car mobile phone mount for iphone to keep it still? A specific mount to be used on a car window like the bean bag? In Kruger going out of the car and using a tripod is mostly forbidden, with some exceptions
Thanks
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: