Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Store in UK?

Old Saturday 25th May 2019, 15:39   #1
wachipilotes

Store in UK?

Hello,
Soon I will travel to some parts of the United Kingdom, could you recommend a store that is worth looking at binoculars? In-Focus, SWoptics maybe ..?
Thanks
Wachi
Old Saturday 25th May 2019, 17:05   #2
Troubador

I can personally recommend Focus Optics near Coventry https://www.focusopticsltd.co.uk/ and Cley Spy https://www.cleyspy.co.uk/ on the north Norfolk coast. Both of these are in countryside surroundings which makes trying out binos a pleasure.

Lee

Last edited by Troubador : Sunday 26th May 2019 at 10:42.
Old Sunday 26th May 2019, 07:41   #3
paddy7

If you're in the east of England visiting CleySpy (at Glandford, about 5 miles from the town of Holt in Norfolk), there is also the One-Stop Nature Shop at Burnham Deepdale, InFocus at Titchwell (plus the RSPB shop at the reserve in the same village), and further south, the RSPB shop at Minsmere in Suffolk, and Viking Optical at Halesworth (about 10 miles from Minsmere).
All i could recommend is - if you have particular equipment in mind - you contact them in advance to check they stock it / have it in stock.
We're quite fortunate in East Anglia!
Paddy
Old Sunday 26th May 2019, 19:25   #4
denniswaugh

Last week I visited CleySpy.
They have excellent facilities to try the equipment and extensive stock of binoculars & scopes, Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, Kowa, Nikon etc.

Also the area around Norfolk is blessed with superb Nature reserves.
Old Monday 27th May 2019, 06:53   #5
MandoBear

I would recommend The Birder's Store in Worcester - I've bought 3 pairs of binoculars from them in the relatively recent past and their prices and customer service has always been excellent.
Old Monday 27th May 2019, 20:20   #6
Veracocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoBear View Post
I would recommend The Birder's Store in Worcester - I've bought 3 pairs of binoculars from them in the relatively recent past and their prices and customer service has always been excellent.
I too have bought three pairs from there in the last year and each time the experience has been superb. No pressure sales, just great help and advice.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: