Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding in Canada

Old Monday 25th July 2005, 12:40   #1
paltogue

Birding in Canada

Hi there,

I'm going to be in Moncton (New Brunswick, Canada) from 31st July - 5th August for a conference. I won't have a lot of spare time, but can anyone recommend any handy birding around about there (I've not done any North American birding before, so anything would be welcome).

Also, I'm in Halifax airport (Nova Scotia) for about 12 hours on Friday 5th August - does anyone know of any nearby sites that might be worth a quick birding trip (i.e. quick walk or taxi journey away)?

Thanks,

Pal.
Old Monday 25th July 2005, 13:55   #2
Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by paltogue
Hi there,

I'm going to be in Moncton (New Brunswick, Canada) from 31st July - 5th August for a conference. I won't have a lot of spare time, but can anyone recommend any handy birding around about there (I've not done any North American birding before, so anything would be welcome).

Also, I'm in Halifax airport (Nova Scotia) for about 12 hours on Friday 5th August - does anyone know of any nearby sites that might be worth a quick birding trip (i.e. quick walk or taxi journey away)?

Thanks,

Pal.
There are some great places near here...there is a very good internet site run by a local ...cant remember the name tho'I'd just google...

I'll look up my visit there last August...but if you can get to the Bay of Fundy that would be worth while.!!!
Dont know about NS tho'

BF Supporter 2004 2005 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 29th July 2005, 14:22   #3
paltogue

Thanks for that - I've managed to arrange a quide for my day in Halifax.

Pal.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: