Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Binocular bargains

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 373 votes, 4.94 average.
Old Tuesday 12th December 2017, 18:50   #3401
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

Optics Planet 10% Off Coupon

Optics Planet currently has a 10% off coupon code of WRAP10. Offer ends 12/13/17 at 11:59 PM CST. Max discount is $1,000. It can be used on multiple product lines but there may be some vendor restrictions.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/g-spcem...682f68525a4243

I noticed they are still including a free gift card on some Zeiss models in addition to the discount. It was $150 for a Zeiss Conquest HD 8X42.
(The Yin Yang of the Binocular Forum)

BF Supporter 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 13th December 2017, 19:01   #3402
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

B & H Photo Canon IS Sale

It may have been mentioned in some other threads but B & H Photo currently has discounts on some of the Canon Image Stabilization binoculars.

8X25 - Normal $399.99, Savings $100, Sale $299.99

10X30 II - Normal $549, Savings $80, Sale $469

12X36 III - Normal $849, Savings $150, Sale $699

15X50 - Normal $1,499, Savings $500, Sale $999

18X50 - Normal $1,699, Savings $700, Sale $999

All of the above include a free harness valued at $19.99.

The 10X42 L IS WP is on sale at $1,169.99. Interesting, Adorama lists this model as no longer available. Optics Planet says it has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Be aware that some of these are lacking in close focus which may be an issue for some bird watching. For example, Canon gives a close focus distance of 6 m or 19.69 feet for the 12X36 III.

Canon USA site for specs .....

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p.../is-binoculars

Old Friday 15th December 2017, 21:24   #3403
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

Tract Optics 30% Off Binocular Demo Sale

Tract has announced a 30% off sale on demo binoculars, quantities limited.

Toric Demo 10X42 normally $664, sale $465
Toric Demo 8X42 normally $654, sale $458
Tekoa Demo 10X42 normally $464, sale $325

https://www.tractoptics.com/products...rs?category=60

Video on the promotion .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19C...ature=youtu.be

Old Wednesday 20th December 2017, 17:21   #3404
justabirdwatcher

B&H has Vanguard Endeavor 10x42 and 8x42's on sale, plus a $100 rebate.

10x42's are $142 after rebate and 8x42's are $148. That seems like a pretty good deal for ED glass to me.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...Binocular.html
Old Tuesday 26th December 2017, 12:27   #3405
Samolot

Meopta Meopro 10x32 HD, Flash Sale at 399.99 over on Sport Optics. No Tax and Free shipping too... I have the 8x42 Meopro's and love them.

http://www.sportoptics.com/meopta-me...rs-562530.aspx

Wish it was the 8x32, but this is still a good deal.
Old Tuesday 26th December 2017, 15:08   #3406
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

Optics Planet post Christmas 10% Off

Didn't get that binocular you were hoping for yesterday? Here is a chance to pick it up at a discount!

Optic Planet has a 10% off promotion on purchases of $75 +, good until 12/27/17 at 11:59 PM CST. The checkout code is SANTA.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/g-spcem...v_gridSize=120

Old Tuesday 26th December 2017, 19:34   #3407
PeterPS

Quote:
I have ATN BINOX-HD 4-16x digital binocular. It is line of smart digital binoculars with Full HD camera, combining the tried and true binocular design, with state of the art optics and computer processing. This brand has good quality devices, look more on their https://www.atncorp.com/
This thread is about "binocular bargains", but I cannot see what bargain you are referring to in your post. In fact almost 500$ for a pair that so many reviewers on amazon call "terrible" (a quote from one review: "These binoculars are crap, expensive crap") can hardly be any bargain.
Old Tuesday 26th December 2017, 22:59   #3408
NDhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Didn't get that binocular you were hoping for yesterday? Here is a chance to pick it up at a discount!

Optic Planet has a 10% off promotion on purchases of $75 +, good until 12/27/17 at 11:59 PM CST. The checkout code is SANTA.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/g-spcem...v_gridSize=120
Bruce:

You are on here almost weekly promoting OP. Do you work on commission ?

It is too much.

Jerry
Old Tuesday 26th December 2017, 23:31   #3409
JerryLogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhunter View Post
Bruce:

It is too much.

Jerry
Itís not too much for me! Iíve gotten some great buys thanks to Bruce. He puts up sales from lots of places. Optics Planet happens to run a lot of discounts and I appreciate Bruce keeping an eye on them since theyíre ever changing and I donít have to check every day if Bruce is watching.

I think Bruce is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable contributors on the forum.

Jerry
Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 00:12   #3410
PeterPS

Quote:
I think Bruce is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable contributors on the forum.
Jerry (Logan): I fully agree!
Jerry (NDhunter): I am sure that Bruce is just trying to be helpful and that most people appreciate his tips.

Peter
Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 00:32   #3411
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDhunter View Post
Bruce:

It is too much.

Jerry
Jerry .... I have no connection with Optics Planet other than as a customer. I get no commissions, discounts, promotions, favors, etc other than what is offered to everyone else which I post here. I have no connection with anyone there and I do not even know the names of anyone there. So to directly address your insinuation, I do not profit in any way from posting on binocular bargains.

The reason I post more promotions from Optics Planet is simple. Optics Planet is much more active in promotions by far than any other vendor. If you were to scroll back through the history of posts in this thread, you will find I also post about bargains from B & H Photo, Tract, Cameraland, Red Hawk, and others. I would love to post more promotions from multiple vendors but that is kind of difficult when they do not have promotions to promote. If I hear about them and they look to be appropriate, I post them. I just happen to post more from Optics Planet than I do others because they have more promotions. It is that simple.

It would be great if I had a crystal ball and knew when someone was looking for a sale or discount and then I could post at only that time. Since that is not possible, I let other readers know what is going on when I find out about it with the thought in mind that it may be helpful to some at that moment. Thus the reason for frequent posts. You appear to be well situated in life and so a 10% discount may not mean much to you but I doubt if that is the case for all that read this thread and that small bit of savings means they can get something a little bit nicer or maybe it is just enough to get something so they can start their birding hobby.

This is a great Forum and not only do I learn a lot about binoculars but I also get a lot of pleasure out of most of the conversations with other members. (This is not one of those conversations.) It is important that if you partake, then you should try to give something in return. I do not have the technical expertise as some here so I have to make my contribution in areas where I do have something to offer. Sharing what is going on with good deals in one way to make a contribution. I also comment in other areas where I think I can be of help on the public forum and in PM's (which I have done for you on at least a couple of occasions). I specifically like to contribute to the Bargains thread because I have benefited multiple times due to other members welling to take the time and effort to post on a deal they just saw. Helping others is very rewarding. You might want to try it more often.

What is "to much" is your continued ongoing long term nastiness to other members of this Forum. You have a long history of and I am not the first one to point it out. This is a very diverse group of people from all over that world and that is one of the main reasons why this is such a great and enjoyable site. Not everyone does or sees things Jerry's way.

If you should still have a problem after reading my explanation, then let me offer a couple of suggestions. First, just scroll right on past the post to the next one. If that does not work for you, then the Forum has an ignore feature. Put me on your ignore list and you will not have to see my posts. I point this out to you because I plan to continue to post in this thread under the rules of the Forum as usual. Your attacks and negative insinuations have run off others over the years but that is not how I tick.

One other suggestion for you Jerry: If you have saved a few bucks in optics equipment purchases over the years based on what you gleaned from this thread (such as the Botech tripod sale) you might want to consider giving a small amount of that back as a contribution to the Forum that made the savings possbie. It is always good to give something in return. As Bill would say, "Just a thought'.

Hopefully this addresses your concerns.

Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 00:33   #3412
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

Thanks JerryLogan and Peter!

Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 00:44   #3413
NDhunter

Bruce:

OP is just a large internet seller. They promote in many ways. You are feeding the beast.

I suppose they could be a sponsor on here, and then have a permalink. You could help them
with that.

I don't find a 10% off to really be a bargain, and some have posted a bait and switch, and not
mentioning they are selling a refurb. or demo. as new.

I am not being negative, it is just you are pushing them way too much. I call it as I see it.

Jerry
Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 03:50   #3414
bluespiderweb
Great Grey Looking Out
BF Supporter 2018

Very well said Bruce

Quote:
Jerry .... I have no connection with Optics Planet other than as a customer. I get no commissions, discounts, promotions, favors, etc other than what is offered to everyone else which I post here. I have no connection with anyone there and I do not even know the names of anyone there. So to directly address your insinuation, I do not profit in any way from posting on binocular bargains.

The reason I post more promotions from Optics Planet is simple. Optics Planet is much more active in promotions by far than any other vendor. If you were to scroll back through the history of posts in this thread, you will find I also post about bargains from B & H Photo, Tract, Cameraland, Red Hawk, and others. I would love to post more promotions from multiple vendors but that is kind of difficult when they do not have promotions to promote. If I hear about them and they look to be appropriate, I post them. I just happen to post more from Optics Planet than I do others because they have more promotions. It is that simple.

It would be great if I had a crystal ball and knew when someone was looking for a sale or discount and then I could post at only that time. Since that is not possible, I let other readers know what is going on when I find out about it with the thought in mind that it may be helpful to some at that moment. Thus the reason for frequent posts. You appear to be well situated in life and so a 10% discount may not mean much to you but I doubt if that is the case for all that read this thread and that small bit of savings means they can get something a little bit nicer or maybe it is just enough to get something so they can start their birding hobby.

This is a great Forum and not only do I learn a lot about binoculars but I also get a lot of pleasure out of most of the conversations with other members. (This is not one of those conversations.) It is important that if you partake, then you should try to give something in return. I do not have the technical expertise as some here so I have to make my contribution in areas where I do have something to offer. Sharing what is going on with good deals in one way to make a contribution. I also comment in other areas where I think I can be of help on the public forum and in PM's (which I have done for you on at least a couple of occasions). I specifically like to contribute to the Bargains thread because I have benefited multiple times due to other members welling to take the time and effort to post on a deal they just saw. Helping others is very rewarding. You might want to try it more often.

What is "to much" is your continued ongoing long term nastiness to other members of this Forum. You have a long history of and I am not the first one to point it out. This is a very diverse group of people from all over that world and that is one of the main reasons why this is such a great and enjoyable site. Not everyone does or sees things Jerry's way.

If you should still have a problem after reading my explanation, then let me offer a couple of suggestions. First, just scroll right on past the post to the next one. If that does not work for you, then the Forum has an ignore feature. Put me on your ignore list and you will not have to see my posts. I point this out to you because I plan to continue to post in this thread under the rules of the Forum as usual. Your attacks and negative insinuations have run off others over the years but that is not how I tick.

One other suggestion for you Jerry: If you have saved a few bucks in optics equipment purchases over the years based on what you gleaned from this thread (such as the Botech tripod sale) you might want to consider giving a small amount of that back as a contribution to the Forum that made the savings possbie. It is always good to give something in return. As Bill would say, "Just a thought'.

Hopefully this addresses your concerns.
We are very lucky to have Bruce doing the work of researching and reporting on the sales he finds-and don't think that doesn't take some time and effort to do, Jerry. There were times when I really needed that 10% to be able to buy something, so I know how that can be. I am very appreciative of Bruce's contributions, not only on sale reports but in general support to others here. I can't say the same about you Jerry, nor even me for that matter, but I am working on that.

Feel free to put me on your ignore list as well, if that is what gets you through all these annoying (for you) posts, Jerry.

Last edited by bluespiderweb : Wednesday 27th December 2017 at 23:07. Reason: clarity

BF Supporter 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 06:33   #3415
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

Thanks Barry for the kind words. Your contributions are appreciated by me. It was you who clued me in on how good the Nikon Aculon is. I was wondering a little at first but it does produce an impressive center view. You were right!

The thread is approaching one million views. Not bad! I wonder if Kevin had any idea it would be that popular when he started it.

Last edited by BruceH : Wednesday 27th December 2017 at 06:56. Reason: Added view count

Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 06:44   #3416
BruceH
BF Supporter 2018

B & H Photo - Prior Zeiss Terra 8X32 Deal Zone

B & H Photo has included the prior version of the Zeiss Terra 8X32 as one of their Deal Zone offerings.

Price is $199.95.

Offer ends: Dec 28 '17 at 11:59 pm ET
Free shipping.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ion_under.html

For comparison, B & H is listing the new generation Terra 8X32 for $369.99 but shows an option were you can have them e-mail you a lower price of $299.00.

To the best of my knowledge the new and prior versions have the same optics.

Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 12:35   #3417
chill6x6
BF Supporter 2018

I really appreciate Bruce's "sales" or "discounts" postings, although he has cost me more money probably than any single person here! He has also probably SAVED me more than any single person here! Over the years I can't think of anyone any more helpful in posts in other subjects on the forum as well. From hinge tightening on the EDG II to birding in Arizona Bruce has always offered well thought-out detailed advice. On THIS subject at hand I'm appreciative as well. Thinking seriously about that Terra ED 8X32!

Bruce, keep up the good work!

BF Supporter 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 15:34   #3418
Common Raven

Quote:
Thanks Barry for the kind words. Your contributions are appreciated by me. It was you who clued me in on how good the Nikon Aculon is. I was wondering a little at first but it does produce an impressive center view. You were right!

The thread is approaching one million views. Not bad! I wonder if Kevin had any idea it would be that popular when he started it.
Bruce, thanks to your post on Optics Planet coupons I saved $55 on a binocular yesterday that I know never goes on sale other than on OP's coupon days. (I should know, I've been pricing that binocular for months.) That certainly is enough of a bargain for me! Thank you again.

Best,
Elias

Last edited by Common Raven : Wednesday 27th December 2017 at 15:36. Reason: Corrected grammar.

BF Supporter 2006 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 27th December 2017, 23:45   #3419
fazalmajid

I've gotten amazing bargains from this site and this forum in particular thanks to dwever, BruceH, Theo98, pete_gamby and others, so I am appreciative of BruceH's notices.

As for OpticsPlanet, yes, they sell discounts as much as optics, and their constant churning of promotions can be tiresome. I've been conditioned to just bide my time until their next 10% off (and sometimes 14%), they seem to occur twice a month or so.
Old Thursday 28th December 2017, 01:01   #3420
Super Dave

Bruce, thanks for posting the Optics Planet deals. I quit getting their emails since they were sending them daily. Thanks to your post I was able to save another 10% on something that was already the best price on the net.
Dave
Old Thursday 28th December 2017, 15:35   #3421
gcole

Vixen SG 6.5x32 WP ED IF Binocular

Vixen SG 6.5x32 WP ED IF Binocular ... Now discounted to $314. shipped at B & H Photo NY for those who might be interested in this specialty binocular.
Old Thursday 28th December 2017, 16:13   #3422
litebeam

Some of the 'so-called' bargains are still ridiculously overpriced.
The best advice is to avoid 'new' glass. And the very best bargains are found at local forums.

In 2017 I sourced very clean 8x32 swarovisions for $875 and equally stellar Zeiss Victory 10X42's for $675. Both came with cases...extras....and both just sitting there with "best offer"........Together that is the discount price for just the Swarovskis.
If one isn't stuck on "new" the glass is out there. With the stellar warranty service of the alphas why buy new unless one likes to spend money?

The million dollar question...
Old Thursday 28th December 2017, 16:24   #3423
[email protected]
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebeam View Post
The best advice is to avoid 'new' glass. And the very best bargains are found at local forums.

In 2017 I sourced very clean 8x32 swarovisions for $875 and equally stellar Zeiss Victory 10X42's for $675. Both came with cases...extras....and both just sitting there with "best offer"........Together that is the discount price for just the Swarovskis.
If one isn't stuck on "new" the glass is out there. With the stellar warranty service of the alphas why buy new unless one likes to spend money?

You got to have the latest and the greatest.
Old Thursday 28th December 2017, 18:20   #3424
james holdsworth
Consulting Biologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebeam View Post

I don't know where you found your bargains, but those are amazing prices - not likely to be found by the rest of us without divine intervention. I could sell both for nearly twice that.
Old Thursday 28th December 2017, 23:23   #3425
dries1
BF Supporter 2018

It has to be persistence, patience and the most important, .....Timing.

Andy W.

BF Supporter 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: